Commercial Account Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Engineering Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST
The post holder will be responsible for the operational management of a range of programmes delivered to over employees of our commercial partners. Working within engineering the role will contribute to the achievement of the college’s Strategic Plan:
Mission: BCoT - Building Careers of Tomorrow
Our six transformational objectives are:
1. Digital skills embedded at the heart of our courses
2. Personal and Professional Development - character, emotional intelligence, resilience and employability skills
3. Putting employers and business in the driving seat to set the skills agenda
4. Delivery of high-quality T levels with outstanding business engagement and inspirational teaching
5. A significant expansion of higher-level provision in Basingstoke
6. Leading a low carbon future with the development of the FSC and EV provision
Our growth areas are:
● Basingstoke school leavers & 16-18 aged students
● Level 3 Adult Skills Fund
● Learners studying at higher level (level 4 and above)
Key marketing objectives to support this include:
● Maintain or increase market share of 16-18 enrolments for core Basingstoke feeder schools
● Increase 16-18 applications by 5% in for 23/24
● Maintain or increase 16-18 enrolments
● Increase adult enrolments by 5%
● Increase apprenticeship applications by 5%
Awareness, Perception and Reputation
● To improve and amplify BCoT’s reputation and increase learner numbers year-on year
● Maintain PR presence with high quality news items focused on our main USP - technology
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In support of the Engineering Manager, to supervise the work of the team involved in the delivery of a range of educational programmes.
- To manage the enrolment process for all programmes and improve as required.
- Provide advice and guidance to employers and students in relation to programmes and provide guidance on progression opportunities.
- To work closely with external employer representatives.
- To support the quality of teaching, learning and assessment through collection of focus-group feedback.
- To ensure students and account queries are responded to in a timely fashion and resolved.
- Ensure progress reviews for students are carried out, as required, in line with contractual obligations.
- To Liaise with Teachers, Training Consultants and Assessors to gather information to report progress to students and employers.
- Effectively manage the learning process to ensure that learners achieve by the agreed end date.
- Support the Engineering Manager to co-ordinate and implement quality assurance and internal verification processes across a range of programmes, assisting in the production of the Self- Assessment Report.
- Develop effective communication processes with employers and all stakeholders.
- To develop the business across a range of programmes.
- Support the Faculty Head in managing and reporting on all income and expenditure, learner enrolment, customer satisfaction and employer engagement targets for the sector.
- Support the Engineering Manager in ensuring that goals and targets are clearly defined for the team.
- Keep CPD up to date by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses.
- Develop relationships with existing and new clients to establish new opportunities, consistent with the development strategy.
- Plan, prepare for and conduct appointments in order to accurately match the department’s services to the requirements of individual clients/employer needs.
- Respond to and follow up on all customer enquiries in a timely manner ensuring all enquiries are correctly recorded.
- Contribute to gathering market intelligence and in the preparation of the department’s marketing plan.
- This post requires full compliance with Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Equality & Diversity and policy and procedures at all times.
This description is not exhaustive: it is intended to give an outline of the current duties and responsibilities. Other duties consistent with the post may be introduced through discussion with the post holder.
What can you expect in return?
• Peoples Pension: Generous contribution
• Generous annual leave entitlement, bank holidays (plus Christmas closure.).
• Retail Benefits scheme
• Free onsite parking
• Additional benefits: access to refectory/coffee shop, Gym
• Staff well-being day
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
Applications will be considered as they are received. Interviews for suitable candidates will be arranged before the scheduled closing date so please do not delay in applying.
If you wish to send a CV with your application, please remember to click ‘upload’ after attaching.