Talent Acquisition Officer
15 hours per week - Flexible
By using social media, Recruitment Websites, Recruitment Open Evenings and other areas to source high quality talent for the College. Ensuring liaison between the Head of Faculty, Departments Heads and Corporate functions to gain up to date knowledge of recruitment needs for the Academic year and long-term strategy for Basingstoke College of Technology.
Achieving targets set by the Head of Human Resources on a monthly basis, for the timely and successful recruitment and selection of Lecturing staff, Corporate staff, and overall to ensure a smooth supply of talent for all current and future roles at BCoT.
Working within Human Resources team the role will contribute to the achievement of the college’s Strategic Plan:
This role will contribute to the achievement of the College’s Strategic Plan: -
Mission: BCoT - Building Careers of Tomorrow
Our six transformational objectives are:
1. Digital skills embedded at the heart of our courses.
2. Personal and Professional Development - character, emotional intelligence, resilience, and employability skills
3. Putting employers and business in the driving seat to set the skills agenda.
4. Delivery of high-quality T levels with outstanding business engagement and inspirational teaching
5. A significant expansion of higher-level provision in Basingstoke
6. Leading a low carbon future with the development of the FSC and EV provision
Our growth areas are:
- Basingstoke school leavers & 16-18 aged students
- Level 3 Adult Skills Fund
- Learners studying at higher level (level 4 and above)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generate new job openings via personal networks and participate in professional events and gatherings, when possible.
• Find candidates through professional networks, internet sites, and social media channels.
• Define the requirements for open positions accurately.
• Prepare and send recruitment emails to qualified candidates.
• Calculate time-to-fill and source-of-hire for each open role, and report weekly
• Provide recommendations and suggestions of candidates to the HR department.
• Maintain and manage the data of all new and past applicants to avoid duplicity
• Follow up the applicants on a timely basis, via e-mail,
• Evaluate the need and time to hire for all the job postings.
• Research and suggest new sourcing strategies and tools for “hard to fill” roles
• Advertise open positions on online job boards and external networks.by working with the Recruitment Administrator
• Conduct in-depth research to source the best-qualified candidates.
• Connect to professional forums and social media groups to interact with qualified candidates.
• Proven 2-year work experience as Head-hunter, Executive Recruiter, HR recruiter or a similar role within a College, or Industry.
• Excellent knowledge of HR software and HR Databases.
• Strong understanding of HR functions, methods, strategies, procedures, and policies.
• Strong oral and written communication skills especially during a cold call.
• Ability to work closely with the Human Resources team and hiring managers.
• Working knowledge of Applicant Sourcing Tools, i.e. CV Library, LinkedIn and Indeed, and other Recruitment sites that the College utilise.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Outstanding decision-making skills and solid organizational skills
• Team player and Multi-tasking abilities
• Outstanding negotiation skills, communication skills and ability to liaise with HR team, hiring managers, Department Heads and Senior Management Team
• Full compliance with Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Equality & Diversity and policy and procedures at all times.
• This description is not exhaustive: it is intended to give an outline of the current duties and responsibilities. Other duties consistent with the post may be introduced through discussion with the post holder.
- Generous Pension Scheme
- 28 days holiday (Pro Rata) with Christmas closure
- Retail benefits scheme
- On site gym, refectory and nursery access
- Free on campus parking.