Nursery Practitioner (Bank Staff)
£11.18 - £11.44 (Holiday £1.97 - £2.01)
BCOT Nursery is currently looking for a passionate dedicated nursery practitioner. To join our Ofsted rated outstanding nursery.
The nursery requires reliable flexible dedicated staff, to support our permanent team across the age range of 3 months to school age as and when required.
This role plays a vital part in giving our children the best possible start in life. You will work in close partnership with children and parents to enabling you to provide a stimulating play environment which encourages children to learn and develop through their play.
Skills and Qualification
Have a sound theoretical and practical understanding of the EYFS, Showing best practices for its implementation enabling positive outcomes for children’s individual learning.
Applications will be considered as they are received. Interviews for suitable candidates will be arranged before the scheduled closing date so please do not delay in applying.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1. To be responsible for the individual personal needs of all children.
- 2. To establish and develop a good relationship with parents and carers, through dialogue, co-operation and partnership.
- 3. To be responsible for the care and supervision of children as they undertake a variety of activities, providing appropriate levels of support and interaction.
- 4. To plan and provide activities, both indoors and outdoors, suitable for the age and stage of the children in your care.
- 5. To act as a key person to individual children as directed and to keep up to date with their individual learning journeys and progression records.
- 6. Work with other staff members, parents and other professionals to ensure all children with additional needs are fully included in nursery life.
- 7. To provide at all times, good practice, care and education of children in line with policy and practice guidelines.
- 8. To contribute to all aspects of personal staff development, planning and delivery of the service as directed and to undertake training as required.
- 9. To supervise and train students.
- 10. To work with other staff members to ensure a positive, motivated, enthusiastic nursery team who respect and help each other at all times.
- 11. To attend and contribute to out of working hours activities such as staff meetings, Summer Fayre, Christmas Fayre, parent evenings etc.
- 12. Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as specified by the Nursery Supervisor as and when required.
- 13. This post requires full compliance with Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Equality & Diversity and policy and procedures at all times.
- This description is not exhaustive: it is intended to give an outline of the current duties and responsibilities. Other duties consistent with the post may be introduced through discussion with the post holder.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST
To provide high quality day care services for children from 3 months to 5 years under the direction of the Nursery Manager.
Working within the BCoT Nursery, the role will contribute to the achievement of the college’s Strategic Plan:
Mission: BCoT - Building Careers of Tomorrow
Our six transformational objectives are:
- 1. Digital skills embedded at the heart of our courses
- 2. Personal and Professional Development - character, emotional intelligence, resilience and employability skills
- 3. Putting employers and business in the driving seat to set the skills agenda
- 4. Delivery of high quality T levels with outstanding business engagement and inspirational teaching
- 5. A significant expansion of higher level provision in Basingstoke
- 6. Leading a low carbon future with the development of the FSC and EV provision
- Pension scheme: People’s pension scheme (PPS).
- DBS check is payable by candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the College is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships, the achievement rates of our apprentices are significantly above the sector average and we have set ambitious growth targets. BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.