Course Director - Uniformed Public Services
FTE 1.0 (37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
£40,857.00 per annum
We are looking to recruit a Course Director in Uniformed Public Services to join our team. As the Uniformed Public Services Course Director, you will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Uniformed Public Services (UPS) course. This includes developing and delivering the curriculum, managing a team of lecturers, and ensuring that the course meets the needs of students and employers.
- Develop and deliver the UPS curriculum, ensuring that it is up-to-date and relevant to the needs of the Armed Forces, Police, Fire Service, and other uniformed public services.
- Deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom
- Manage a team of lecturers, providing them with support and guidance in the delivery of the UPS curriculum
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and communications skills
- Assess student progress and provide feedback
To be successful you will have a teaching qualification with a minimum of 2 years teaching up to Level 3. A relevant vocational qualification to Level 3 along with a minimum of three weeks relevant industry experience is essential. An assessor qualification would be desirable. Experience of working in a uniformed public service, such as the Armed Forces, Police, Fire Service, or Prison Service. Experience of managing a team of lecturers. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Candidates without formal teaching qualifications or limited teaching experience are encouraged to apply if; they have relevant industry background, they can demonstrate excellent up to date knowledge of the uniformed public services or sport and able to demonstrate outstanding teaching through an assessed micro teach. There will be a requirement to work towards teaching qualifications during employment (some financial assistance may be available).
We are looking for staff with drive and a passion to succeed in a demanding but rewarding environment.
We will start to review applications 7 days after the vacancy is advertised. Interviews will be arranged as and when after this date, so please do not delay in applying.
- Pension scheme Teachers Pension (TPS)
- Generous annual leave entitlement, bank holidays (plus Christmas closure.) Retail Benefits scheme, free onsite parking, refectory/coffee shop, Gym and staff wellbeing day.
- DBS check is payable by candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the College is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rates ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships and we have set ambitious growth targets.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.